Tag Archives: La Grange

Today in Texas History – February 6

From the Annals of Journalism –  In 1879, the  Texan,  was first published in La Grange by E. J. Glueckman.  The paper was first Czech newspaper in Texas.  The short-lived paper was renamed Slovan in  July 1879 after Frank Lidiak bought the paper. In 1885, Lidiak sold the paper to Joseph Cada, who moved it to Bryan.  The operation was completely out of business by 1889.