In an interview with KERA – Dallas, Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas) unloaded on Sen. Ted Cruz (TP-Texas) as a political opportunist.
“We’ve had our differences on tactics or how to accomplish those goals. Part of it [is] from the fact that I’ve been here a while and I’m part of the elected Republican leadership. My goal has always been to figure out how we can advance the conservative cause. I think he’s taken the more immediate shorter-term view of things. Clearly, he didn’t come here to remain in the Senate. He came here to run for president. I think that perhaps explains the difference in tactics.”
So the good folks of Texas voted for a man who had no intention of actually attempting to represent our interests in the Senate. It’s no surprise to Red that Cruz views his current job as nothing more than a stepping stone to the greater glorification of all things Ted Cruz, but for Cornyn to essentially admit that is fairly remarkable.
All of this begs the question of what Cruz will do if he loses his bid for the presidency. The Senate will not interest him at all, since it is by now obvious that he will not be able to accomplish anything in that august body that collectively hates him with a white hot passion. So rather than be a meaningless if petulant back bencher, Red has a few thoughts on what our junior senator might do.
- Reality TV show with Sarah Palin – Ted and Sarah on the road, waving flags, shooting guns and talking crazy.
- Personal injury plaintiff’s lawyer.
- Don’t miss the “TrusTed” show at 9 pm EST on Fox News.
- Take over when Ed Young retires from Second Baptist – or push the old guy out if necessary.
- Find small third world country looking for Dictator for Life!
- Stay at home Dad living off Heidi’s Goldman Sachs paychecks and watching Hogan’s Heroes reruns.
- High school history teacher with simple message – Lincoln bad, Jeff Davis good.
- Multi-million dollar book deal. Most copies remaindered for a $1.99.
- Actual tea party host.
- Or maybe Canada wants him back?