In honor of Trump’s visit to Houston today, Red will take the time to sort through the list of the President’s favorite strongmen – in other words, those guys he really looks up to for inspiration – along with comments from the Pres.
10. Tayyip Erdogan – Turkey. He’s an authoritarian who dispatches opponents with ease. Also an Islamist, but no one’s perfect.
9. Rodrigo Duterte – Philippines. This guy has had thousands of scumbags killed and actually offed a few himself. What’s not to like?
8. Benjamin Netanyahu – Israel. Only a half-dictator really (to the Palestinians). Step up your game Bibi. Does get extra points for overt corruption.
7. Saparmurat Niyazov—Turkmenistan. Oh what I wouldn’t give for a personality cult like this dude has created. Right now I’m at about 40% of the way there. Damn Democrats. Sad. Still can’t pronounce his name.
6. Aleksandr Lukashenko—Belarus. Europe’s last remaining strong guy. President for 26 years now. Hang in there Alek. You’re a shining example for the rest of us.
5. Nicolas Maduro – Venezuela. Wait! How did he get in here?
4. Vladimir Putin – Russia. You thought he would rank higher, right? Vlad’s slipping a little bit but I still believe every word he says.
3. Mohammed bin Salah – Saudi Arabia. Really getting into this guy right now. He actually kills journalists who talk trash about him. How cool is that?
2. Kim Jung Un – North Korea. What can I say. We fell in love.
1. Donald J. Trump. Oh yeah, like it was going to be someone else.