Well the U.S. finally has a bigger loser than the Jets this week. Oh come on. You know who Red is talking about. Or do you? Whatever. Moving on to the real news.
Red’s Top of the Pops
- Kansas City Chiefs (12-1). Everything is up to date in Kansas City. They let the Dolphins believe for a while last week before slamming the door. The Stealers loss means that the Chiefs can probably give one game away and still have the first round bye which is either critical or meaningless depending on who you are talking to.
- Buffalo Bills (10-3). Coming on like a steam roller. They toyed with the Stealers before pouncing on Big Ben with a pick-six and then demonstrating that the Stealers defense is a ruse against a talented multi-faceted offense. Josh Allen for MVP.
- Green Bay Packers (10-3). A close game against the Lions is not a harbinger of success. But why aren’t people calling Matt LaFleur the best young coach in the NFL? Now in the driver’s seat for the first round bye.
- New Orleans Saints (10-3). Now in the suicide seat for the first round bye. Especially with the Chiefs looming on the schedule next week. T. Hill is impressive but he is probably not going to beat the real playoff teams.
- Los Angeles Rams (9-4). Once again Red has to say that the Rams winning the brutal NFC West would be the biggest shocker of the season and it looks like it is happening. Although the Seahawks and Cardinals may have something to say about that in weeks 16 and 17. And could this be the week the Jets win a game?
- Pittsburgh Stealers (11-2). The Stealers are in free fall right now. Fortunately the Bengals are up next. After that the Colts and Browns and Pittsburgh could be looking at 12-4 and a wildcard if the Browns win out.
- Baltimore Ravens (8-5). With the Jaguars, Giants and Bengals, the Ravens have a legit shot at turning the season around and finishing 11-5. Not bad for a team that has struggled though much of the season. The MNF game last week was the kind of game fans long for.
- Cleveland Browns (9-4). The Browns have shown that they can play with anybody. But can they win a playoff game? Back to back trips to the Meadowlands should ease the path into the playoffs. Week 17 game against the Stealers could be a doozy with a lot on the line.
- Seattle Seahawks (9-4). If they lose to the FT’s this week all bets are off. Red might just take Washington in this one. Hail to the FT’s! Hail Victory!
- Tennessee Titans (9-4). Yeah, Red should put the Colts here but he has never liked the Colts since they skulked out of Baltimore in the middle of the night.
Still Licking Their Chops
11. Indianapolis Colts (9-4). See above. Nothing against P. Rivers but Red would not mind seeing the Colts lose out.
12. Arizona Cardinals (7-6). Still in the thick of things thanks to the sorry state of the NFC.
13. Washington FTs (6-7). Who’d a thunk it? Certainly not Red. Sadly, the NFC East is in the process of redeeming itself.
14. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (8-5). Brady may have used up his last bit of arm strength with two long TDs on Sunday. A ridiculously easy schedule has them cruising to the playoffs.
15, Las Vegas Raiders (7-6). Red wouldn’t bet on the Raiders. But he isn’t sure who he would bet on.
16. Miami Dolphins (8-5). The Dolphins can end the Patriots season on Sunday. Wouldn’t it be nice!
The Incredible Turds (Red always thought that would be a good name for a Punk Band)
- Jacksonville Jaguars (1-12). Red will never pick the Jags to win anything ever again.
- New Jersey Jets (0-13). Come on, win a game.
- Cincinnati Bengals (2-11). Red spent all this time learning how to spell Cincinnati and for what?
- Houston Texans (4-9). The Texans don’t rebuild. They implode. The Hot Mess on South Main.
- Detroit Lions (5-8). There may be worse teams, but why bother looking for them.