Tag Archives: John Sealy Hospital

Today in Texas History – March 10

From the Annals of Medicine  –  In 1890, the John Sealy Training School for Nurses opened with eighteen students.  The first formal training program for nurses was housed in Galveston’s brand new John Sealy Hospital. The school was initially independent of the hospital, but was incorporated into the University of Texas Medical Branch in 1896.