Red has put together a short list of the accomplishments of Sen. Ted Cruz (TP-Texas) since entering elective office:
- Chosen by Senate colleagues as “Most-Hated” in a landslide.
- Set new standard for shameless self-promotion.
- Shut-down government for a short time and tanked his party’s polling numbers.
- Didn’t waste valuable time attempting to pass actual legislation.
- Took grandstanding to a new level.
- Made record number of speeches to an empty Senate chamber.
- Became more convinced that he is World’s Smartest Man.
- Put the Tea back in Tea Party.
- Boosted sales of ugly black cowboy boots.
- Became pen-pals with Justin Trudeau.
Meanwhile, the Jeb!!!!$$$$? “Campaign” plans to highlight the complete lack of accomplishments. The Texas Tribune has the skinny on Jeb!!!!$$$$?’s latest attempt to take down Ted.
“We feel really good about Texas,” said Jeb Bush campaign manager Danny Diaz, suggesting in an interview late Wednesday that Cruz has little to show Texans after three years in the Senate. “Where’s the accomplishments?”
“The reality is, we look forward to communicating our record of accomplishment, the most conservative record of accomplishment in the field, versus others, and that includes Sen. Cruz,” Diaz told The Texas Tribune following the third Republican presidential debate here at the University of Colorado Boulder. “Sen. Cruz has not distinguished himself” either by repealing Obamacare or keeping the nation’s debt from exploding.
“So the reality is, once again, good floor speeches, great PowerPoint, but when it comes time to get things done, where’s the accomplishments?” Diaz asked. “So as we discuss these differences with Texans and others, we’re going to highlight the most accomplished conservative record in the field versus folks in the field that don’t have any really discernible accomplishments.”