From the Annals of the Gridiron – In 1896, Texas Christian University played its first football game. It was an 8-6 victory over Toby’s Business College of Waco. At the time, the school was called the AddRan Male & Female College and was located near Waco. The school changed its name to TCU in 1902 and relocated to Waco in 1910. The storied program has had its ups and downs, but the Horned Frogs are ranked as the 5th best private college football program of all-time behind such notables as Notre Dame, USC and Miami. TCU has won two National Championships (both in the 1930s), numerous conference championships and has played in all of the major bowl games.